Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 3- Tuesday

   I woke up in the morning and had some toast, lol. Next we (my dad and I) went to straight to the Smithsonian.
  Starting with the Air and Space Museum, in that one we looked around a little, and went to the planetarium. That was pretty fun (the planetarium) but the rest was kinda not, so we left pretty quick after that.
  Later we went over to the National History Museum, I wanted to go here because it's the museum in the movie The Night at the Museum, so i thought it would be cool. It wasn't so cool, it was ok, but nothing like the movie, and they didn't even have the big dinosaur at the entrance, it was in the Dinosaur Exhibit  instead. And they didn't even have Sacajawea, she was one of my fave parts in the movie! But overall that one was fun.
  The last of the museums that we went to was the American History Museum, that one was my favorite :). The had things that belonged to old famous actors, singers, presidents, 1st ladies, athletes, you know, famous people. My dad really wanted to see Mr. Rodgers sweaters, but they didn't have them there lol, but he didn't care that much.My faves were probably, the muppets, the first lady's inauguration dresses, lincoln's top hat, and most of all Dorothy's ruby slippers :) I thought that was pretty cool :). They sold replicas of the ruby shoes in the gift shop, but they didn't fit me so I got a Dorothy bobble head ;). haha.
  We were planning on going to go up to the top of the Washington's Monument, but my dad and I decided we didn't really want to go up, so we just went close and took tons up pics, lol.
  After that we walked to The White House, we were retained by a fence, but it was really cool, we took tons of pics, and I think I even saw the president in the distance, because he was surrounded by security, and I think it looked like him. Well, after we had some good pics we left, and headed to the Lincoln Memorial.
  We couldn't find the memorial so we walked for like EVER and then we finally asked someone where it was, and we FINALLY got there. But when we did, it was SOOO cool! It was HUGE I knew it was big, but I mean this thing and GIGANTIC!! There were tons of people there but I didn't even care, it was awesome! I took tons and ons of pics, and so did my dad. We stopped in the gift shop to get something for my mom, and then got a taxi and went to the hotel.
  The rest of the day was kinda boring, my dad had a meeting, we had dinner, and watched TV, haha.
                          Well, ttyl,

1 comment:

  1. I know, this one's VERY long, sorry, we did lots of stuff that day. haha